MySims™ Racing now on MySpace and Twitter!
Get updates, videos, screenshots, hints, tips, tricks and moreJoin the MySims community and get access to assets and info at MySpace.com/mysimsracing and at Twitter (@mysims). We'll be updating frequently, so be the first to get news about upcoming events, contests, new videos, and developer interviews. Let's get ready to race!
Race to the finish - Face a variety of tricky MySims opponents on a variety of challenging tracks
Four-player racing - Compete for prizes and bragging rights with up to four players
Strategize to win - Use drifting, boost control and driving strategy to get an edge on your opponents
Build your winning car - Improve power, acceleration, and handling by mixing and matching engines, suspension, and tires
Awesome Power-ups - Get ahead of the curve with awesome power-ups like a pumpkin catapult or bubble dropper
Nintendo DS Specific Feature - Up to four players can race each other using local wireless or Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
We’re excited to reveal that this highly customizable kart racer will be in stores June 12, 2009 and the wait will be over! Additionally, the official website is now live so check it out at www.mysimsracing.com.
And that’s not all…we have a few power-up screenshots to help you get through until next month. Power-ups are a strategic way to give you a leg up in the race and hinder your competition. See below for a list of some of the ways you can trip up your opponent and put yourself ahead in the race.
**To download, click here**
· Pumpkin Catapult - This lobs a big pumpkin ahead of you, creating an ultra-slippery puddle of goo that’ll make opponents spin out of control.
· Beehive Trail - A trail of hives full of honey are released behind your car and will slow down any opponent that drives into them.
· Soccer Balls - This allows you to shoot up to three bouncing Soccer Balls. Any opponent hit by one of them will go into a wipeout.
· Bubble Dropper - Any car that collides with a bubble becomes trapped inside it, hovering in the air for several precious seconds as opponents zoom by.
· Seed Thrower - This will shoot out a seed that will turn into a fully-grown tree as soon as it hits the ground, creating a potential obstacle for opponents.
· Force Field - The Force Field surrounds your car with sturdy shields that keep you safe from most items for a short time.
· Tornado Inverter - This will turn the view of opponents ahead of you upside-down for a limited time, making it harder for them to maneuver their vehicles.
· Bunny Luv - This power-up summons a cupid-like bunny to shower opponents ahead of you with love, temporarily blocking their field of vision with a multitude of hearts.
· UFO - Using the UFO will allow you to get a free ride as it zooms along the race track.
· F-Energy Zap - This will send out a burst of F-Energy, overloading the engines of opponents ahead of you to temporarily reduce their speed and prevent them from boosting.
· F-Energy Storm - Your boost meter fills with large amounts of F-Energy for a limited amount of time. Use it while you have it!
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 11, 2009 – It’s time to rev up the engines and race into an all-new adventure with the MySims™! The EA Play Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that MySims Racing for the Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ zooms into retail outlets this week. The latest title in the popular MySims franchise starts players as wannabe speedsters and after working their way up the ranks, it is time for them to burn rubber against the toughest MySims rival racers on the trickiest tracks in Speedville. The excitement never stops as the more successful the player is on the track, the more they will be able to customize their kart and trick it out with new engines and bodies. Designed specifically from the ground up for the Nintendo platforms, MySims Racing offers something for everyone who wants to live life in the fast lane.
“The MySims have had many adventures and conquered many challenges, but for the first time we find them behind the wheels of their own customized vehicles,” said Tim LeTourneau, General Manager of the MySims Franchise. “MySims Racing combines the fun and quirky MySims spirit our fans love with fast-paced action-packed arcade racing. We can’t wait for players to take this game for a spin.”
MySims Racing for the Wii
Race to the finish line in MySims Racing! Face a variety of tricky MySim opponents on a huge variety of exotic tracks! Take on up to three friends in intense multiplayer racing. During the race, find awesome power-ups such as the heat-seeking watermelon or a bubble dropper that can help racers wreck their competition. There are nearly endless customization options so that the kart reflects your high-gear personality. Swap bodies, change paint jobs and add tons of accessories. Not only can you change the look of their kart, you can also improve power, acceleration and handling by mixing and matching engines, suspension and steering components.
MySims Racing for the Nintendo DS
Race on the go! MySims Racing for the Nintendo DS allows you and up to three of your friends to race using local wireless or Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.
MySims Racing was developed in conjunction with partners at The Sims Studio and Artificial Mind & Movement, is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, 3+ by PEGI, and has an MSRP of $39.99 for the Wii version and $29.99 for the Nintendo DS. For more information please visit www.mysimsracing.com . For information about the MySims franchise, visit www.mysims.com. For assets, please visit www.info.ea.com.
Mix and Match Performance and Styling Upgrades and then Personalize With Paint Shop for Endless Possibilities
There are unlimited ways to customize both your racing kart and your MySim. Each player is given a choice of a base vehicle across 3 different vehicle classes; compact, mid size and large. During the progression of the game, called Story Mode, the players have the ability to unlock performance and styling parts to better enhance their vehicles. They can customize the frame to "Beef Up" the mass or weight of their compact kart or pump up the engine and upgrade the suspension on their behemoth SUV to try and keep up with the other karts. Because you have a garage and can choose a different kart at anytime, the player can strategize which kart to use for each individual challenge. For example, for a challenge which involves "collecting" you would choose a compact kart that offers better precision and handling. Where as in an all out multiplayer blow out with friends, you would probably want to upgrade to an SUV so you can drive fast and bump opponents into hazards.
The compact class is zippier, handles great and accelerates nicely too. The downside is they are very light therefore against a bumping opponent they will tend to get pushed around a little more on the tracks.
The mid size vehicles are a step up in performance, weight and handling when compared to the compact class.
The large class consists of trucks, SUV's and a van. The obvious differences are that these vehicles are very heavy and tend to bully opponents off the tracks. Their downsides are they tend to accelerate very slow and do not handle as well as the compact karts.
In the Garage There are Four Categories in Which You Can Customize Your Ride
- Performance Upgrades - There are four categories in which you can upgrade the karts performance attributes including Engine, which affects top speed and acceleration; Frame, which affects weight and acceleration; Handling; and Special. Special upgrades are given to a player when they win Gold Medals in any given challenge. They can affect all of the above.
- Styling Upgrades - Choose from different Body Types, Front Bumpers, Front Headlights and Grill Assembly, Front Hood Ornaments, Side View Mirrors, Rear Accessories, Rear Tail Lights, Rear Bumpers, Wheels and Horns.
- Paint Shop - Choose from dozens of colors and then add a door decal such as a Skull, Star, Lightning Bolt, Paw, Flames, Checkered, #8, Kitten, Bowtie, Butterfly, Heart, Flower, Wings, Octopus, Ninja Star, Snail, Bunny Luv, Radio Active, Hawaiian Flower and Soccer Ball.
- Create A Sim - There are multiple MySim Attribute categories to customize including Hair Style, Hair Color, Eyes, Voice, Name Your Sim, Skin Color, Mouth, Goggles (Eyewear) and Outfits.
Face a variety of MySim opponents like Chaz, DJ Candy, Dr F or take on your friends! Compete with rival racers in one-on-one duels. Get ahead of the curve with awesome power-ups such as the heat-seeking jack-o-lantern pumpkin or a bubble dropper.Enjoy a few character renders and stay tuned for more information about power ups, tracks and customization.
Enjoy a few character renders and stay tuned for more information about power ups, tracks and customization.
**To download assets click here and select 'Art Work'**
"When we created the MySims world, we believed that the MySims characters could be part of a variety of different gaming experiences. We are thrilled to bring MySims Party and MySims Racing to fans and new players alike." said Tim LeTourneau, Executive in Charge of Production for MySims. "We've had great success with MySims, with both the original game and this fall's MySims Kingdom. Players have really connected with the characters and now we are giving them two completely new and exciting experiences. We believe that MySims Party and MySims Racing, are great ways to couple the creativity and humor players love about the franchise with great multi-player arcade gameplay."
MySims Party for the Wii
MySims Party turns any gathering into an instant party with 50 mini games to choose from, each hosted by a different MySim. You and your friends have the chance to Stick the Trick in the extreme snowboarding mini game, outrun a robot in Robo Assault or shake your groove thing with DJ Candy during the Go Go Dancing challenge. Each MySim character brings a unique combination of skill to the mission, with differing levels of endurance, speed and luck giving you the option to choose the best MySim for the task. You can play mini games one right after the other, or you and your friends can compete in a themed festival such as food, music or sports that offers multiple mini games.
MySims Party for the Nintendo DS
Take the mini games with you! MySims Party for the Nintendo DS offers 40 mini games to choose from. These games, specific for the DS, offer hours of entertainment. You can dig up dinosaur fossils during Excavate-a-Saurus, join Goth Boy on a first person shooter mission during Haunted Hunted or rock out with Air-Guitar-Star!
MySims Racing for the Wii
Race to the finish line in MySims Racing! Face a variety of tricky MySim opponents on a huge variety of exotic tracks! Take on up to three friends in intense multiplayer racing. During your race, find awesome power-ups such as the heat-seeking jack-o-lantern pumpkin or a bubble dropper that can help you wreck the competition. There are nearly endless customization options so that your car reflects your high-gear personality. You can swap bodies, change paint jobs and add tons of accessories. Not only can you change the look of your car, you can also improve power, acceleration and handling by mixing and matching engines, suspension and tires.
MySims Racing for the Nintendo DS
Take the race with you! MySims Racing for the Nintendo DS allows you and up to three of your friends to race each other using local wireless or Nintendo Wi-Fi.